Deanna L. Lawlis interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I am a certified NLP Practitioner for Adults and Children, as well as a certified Mindfulness Meditation Instructor for Adults and Children, of which I teach classes on locally. I also have a BA in Ministerial Counseling.

I am a happily married mother of five children and grandmother of eleven grandchildren. 

In my free time, I enjoy camping, kayaking, hiking, and gardening with family, and reading and furthering my education, as well.


When did your love of books begin?

My love for books began as a child. I loved anything written by Dr. Suess, Janette Sebring Lowrey's 'The Poky Little Puppy', 'The Complete Tales of Beatrix Potter', especially 'The Tale of Peter Rabbit', and so many more. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I actually grew up with the hope of becoming a Journalist. I'd clip articles that interested me from newspapers and magazines, and would rewrite them as though I was the journalist telling the story. Although I never became a journalist, I did become a Community Columnist for my local paper. 

It wasn't until I personally had to process through a traumatic experience that I decided to write my first book. I wanted to share how I processed through the experience with those who were still suffering, and so, 'Of Ashes and Embers ~ Exploring Self Awareness After Spiritual Trauma' was published. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I'm a 'do it yourself' kind of woman. This holds true to everything I do in life. Therefore, I self published and self promoted 'Of Ashes and Embers', and will be doing the same with my current WIP 'Journey To the Center Of Self'.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

You can do it! 

The experience of going from writing a 300 word article to writing a 30,000 - 50,000 word book was a bit intimidating, at first, but I had personal experience and a whirlwind of information about the topic I'd planned to write about. All that was left to do was to take the time to release it onto the keyboard with my fingertips. It began with one thought which traveled to many other thoughts which traveled to facts, and voila, a thought became a paragraph, which became a chapter, and another chapter, and so on, which became a book. It just flowed naturally.


Tell us about your book/books:

'Of Ashes and Embers ~ Exploring Self Awareness After Spiritual Trauma' is my personal story about processing through Religious Trauma Syndrome (RTS) after spending twenty-three years of my life in a verbally, emotionally, and physically abusive congregation. It has been read in Germany, Poland, the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States with 5 star reviews. 

'Journey To the Center of Self - An NLP Workbook for Self Help' is a workbook that walks the reader through Neuro Linguistics Techniques to deprogram their formerly programmed negative thoughts and behaviors that may be holding them back from living their most excellent life. (I am planning to release this book this year.)




What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the endless support that exists in the Writing Community, and the unity it provides. If you are a writer, you're welcomed in with open arms. That's it! How beautiful is that!?!


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Dearest Readers,

We have the power to reframe our former thoughts and behaviors (NLP) in order to create a happier and healthier future. We're not 'stuck'. We're on a journey!

Thank you for your incredible support!


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter is my only social media source @DeannaLLawlis. Please feel free to message me with any questions or comments. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview