C.S. Pearson interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

It began when I was in 9th grade. I had poor learning issues since I went to a big city school until first grade. When we moved to a smaller town I was entering grade 2. The lack of teaching in my previous school my test showed I was at kindergarten level. I was given two choices go back and restart grade 1 or try to accomplish grade 1 and 2 in the same year. I chose the 2nd option but it was very hard. Late nights doing homework as well as remedial classes for grade 1 and doing my regular grade 2 studies. Long story short I only read if I had to after that year. In high school I had an amazing English teacher. The first book I feel in love with was Of Mice and Men. Since then I've continued to read.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

It started after loving to read in grade 9. I mostly wrote poetry and short stories until last year. This year I selfpublished my second book, and I'm proud of my writing on this one.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It a very hard process especially not having a big budget to hire professionals. I chose to selfpublish and hopefully market my book to get readers attention. I truly believe in my lastest novel it close to my heart in so many ways.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Believe in yourself and your story telling. No one is perfect and even best-selling authors still have editing issues. It's a learning process and the more you practice the better you get. Never give up on your dream and keep writing one day it will be the right time, right place or simply the right story.


Tell us about your book/books:

Misrepresenting the Truth: A romantic drama based on love, lies, and loss by C.S. Pearson 
A heartfelt romantic drama about a young woman's journey into adulthood. Nicole didn't have a happy childhood with her parents ruling with an iron fist. Nicole's life appeared to be taking a turn for the better after living with her sister and husband, but since life isn't always fair, unimaginable secrets and heartache were inevitable.*** Warning: This is a fiction novel with strong language, sexual content, and tragic scenes. ***


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Everyone is very supportive of one another.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I write with all my heart. I'm honored to everyone taking a chance on new authors it means a great deal.


Where can people connect with you?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview