Book review - Innocent Times by Gemma Owen-Kendall

Book - Innocent Times

Author - Gemma Owen-Kendall

Rating - 

Review:

Gemma Owen-Kendall brings us a collections of short stories which are overall very high quality reads.  The stories focus on romance or those brief encounters that are so longed for by many and for me the variety of the stories is good, whilst remaining on topic.  The slight mark down is for two things, one is a little bit of editing as I did find some of the stories were going between tenses which is a little bit of a frustration, the other mark down is that I did find a lot of the male characters had the same characteristics (brown spiky hair is mentioned in quite a few of the stories) and for me this at first can seem like a lack of creativity but by the end I felt this was more so an author who has been writing their stories to perfect their craft and compiled them together which is the reason for the similarities felt in some of the stories.

Overall this is a really strong read and has made me wish to check out more work by Gemma as I am excited to see how her writing journey progresses.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview