Book interview - The Triangle by Robert P. Ottone


Please tell us a little about the book

The Triangle is the story of Azlynn, a mechanic and engineer who is struggling to survive in a world that has succumbed to sea-level rise. There is a mysterious and powerful group from the northern reaches of the ocean that task Azlynn’s father with going into what was once the Bermuda Triangle to find a group of scouts, unbeknownst to her dad, Azlynn and her best friend Ellis have snuck aboard as well. Spooky, cosmic and slimy things await them.


Where did the inspiration come from for your book?

I’ve always loved cosmic horror and I hadn’t seen much done with the genre for younger readers so I felt the urge to change that. Lovecraft and other cosmic horror authors’ works can be nebulous and difficult for some readers, so I wanted to distill those core concepts into something more palatable and geared towards a younger audience.


How did you find the experience of writing this book?

Fun and challenging. Straddling the line between indulging the true nature of cosmic, existential horror and the trappings of traditional young adult literature wasn’t easy, but it was thrilling.


Did you draw any inspiration from any real life people with any of your characters?

The only real-life thing I used was my niece’s name for the lead character.


If you could say anything to readers of this  book then what would it be?

I hope you rate and review it on Amazon and Goodreads, lol. But other than that, I just hope you enjoy it.


Are there plans for more from these characters, or is it a stand alone piece?

This is the first in a trilogy, so there’s definitely more on the horizon.


Where can we purchase your book?

You can find my book on Amazon and wherever spooky sea-worthy books are sold.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WZC1XNY


Please tell us where readers can connect with you and find out about any new book releases too.

Head over to spookyhousepress.com or follow me on Instagram/Twitter: @RobertOttone 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview