Book interview - Postscript by Barbara Avon


Please tell us a little about the book

"Postscript" takes place in the Fall of 1985. It's set in the real-life heritage building where I lived for ten years and was purportedly haunted! I never met the ghost myself, but it inspired me to write this ghost story that revolves around our two main characters, James and Lina. James has given up on love. Lina is a dancer and a lonely spirit. When the two meet, sparks don't fly at first, except they both feel a physical attraction. It's not until they fall in love and Lina disappears that James is sent spiraling into the abyss and is determined to unravel the mystery behind her disappearance. The story includes horror elements, but in addition to being a ghost story, "Postscript" is a love story. It includes flashbacks to the early 1900s and Prohibition Canada. 


Where did the inspiration come from for your book?

From real-life! The building where the action takes place exists, and truly is haunted! 


How did you find the experience of writing this book?

I loved every second of it. Especially since I lived in Lina's apartment and could picture everything - like flipping through the photo album of my mind. 


Did you draw any inspiration from any real life people with any of your characters?

No, I didn't. Although Lina is a dancer, I've never danced professionally. James is a bit of a brute at first, but he comes from my imagination. 


If you could say anything to readers of this  book then what would it be?

That I would love for them to check it out. It is one of my personal favourites, and the flashback scenes to the early 1900s make me think I actually lived in the time period! I have no idea why writing them came so easily to me. Spooky! 


Are there plans for more from these characters, or is it a stand alone piece?

Unfortunately, it's a stand alone story and one that is dear to my heart. But, I guess you should "never say never"! 


Where can we purchase your book?

And this is the one link to all other stores - Barbara Avon on Direct.me


Please tell us where readers can connect with you and find out about any new book releases too.

I'm an active member of the writing community on Twitter - @barb_avon and this is the link to subscribe to my newsletter - SUBSCRIBE | barbaraavon


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview