Benn Barbin interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I’m Benn. I’m a short-form author, and I like photography and listening to vinyl records with headphones.


When did your love of books begin?

I’ve loved books since I was a kid. I was always a fan of storytelling and cool ideas, but critical reading in college opened up a world of books and writers I had never read, and that led me down a literary rabbit hole.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I imagined publishing in high school or earlier, but writing in college motivated me to complete projects and get them out there. It may have taken a while, but it’s all good.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

The process has been fun and challenging. It reinforces patience and humility. Nothing is guaranteed when it comes to art—but I’m happy to have released my writing the way I wanted it.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Read outside the genre you write. You might be surprised and inspired by how other authors do stuff in their books, and maybe some techniques can find a way into your writing. Learn to be open to feedback and constructive criticism. Take risks in your craft and keep pushing yourself creatively. A great editor is invaluable to the process.


Tell us about your book/books:

I have a book, Reflections of Destiny, and a 10k word story called “Playtime in Vella Dera.” They’re sci-fi/fantasy works that can be read standalone but are better when read together. Reflections of Destiny has style and action. Vella Dera expands the world-building and character focus.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love how the community is passionate about what they read and create, and getting the word out there regarding awesome works. There’s something new to discover from authors and readers, and sharing is vital to discovery.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thanks for taking an interest in my work and reading. I hope you enjoy it, and I’d love for you to check out the next one, someday.


Where can people connect with you?

I’m on Twitter! Find me: @seiken1Here are links to my writing.Reflections of Destiny: https://amzn.to/36SKFxPPlaytime in Vella Dera: https://amzn.to/3OIzfxy


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview