Stan Nesbitt interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hello, my name is Stanley Nesbitt, but you can call me Stan. I have two young children with my fiance Kimberly. I am a full-time creative writing student at SNHU, and I am a neurodivergent. I am a horror and fantasy author and I am a 3d modeling hobbyist, I love to express my creativity in a variety of forms. I’ve also devoted myself to building on my writing skills over the last five years.


When did your love of books begin?

I can always remember loving books, as a child I remember my mother reading Dr. Suess every night. As I got a little older I began to fall in love with historical diaries such as "The Winter of Red Snow" by Kristiana Gregor. It wasn't until I was in my teen years that I fell in love with horror and eventually the work of H.P Lovecraft. I would be lying though if I said I didn't have an aversion to reading in my teen and early 20s as I feared my learning disability had impacted it negatively.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

The idea of telling people the stories I've thought up has always been an interest to me. Though, in reality, I didn't think I was capable of doing so until about four years ago when I started work on my anthology.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It can be rough at times, trying to push through the rejection letters, and writer's block but the result has always felt worth it to get the ideas out.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

If you want to become an author, write, just keep writing until you have something you like. Even if you think you are terrible, keep at it. I'm still working to improve myself as an author through everyday practice, school, and of course youtube and the input of other creators.


Tell us about your book/books:

I have one published book, a horror anthology called "A Precarious Night" which is about a plethora of different creatures. I have two additional books in work currently, one that will be released within the near future that is a fantasy novel with horror inspirations. The other book is another horror anthology with a large inspiration from folklore and Fae.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the overwhelming support that goes into our community. Regardless of what the project is, people always try to find and focus on some sort of positive.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you so much for your support, I appreciate every moment you devote your thoughts towards my work.


Where can people connect with you?

People can always reach out to me on Twitter, I do have a Facebook page for my work as an author though!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview