Selena Brooks interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I think it really got serious when I was in Fifth Grade (10 years old). 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I have wanted to be an author since I realized in middle school that I sucked in math and science so brain surgeon was off the table!


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It has been long. I got discouraged in my 20s after I first finished and it took me until this year to take the plunge and go for it. But the publishing process was pretty smooth once it started. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Do and don’t wait! Believe in your talent and don’t rely on the opinions of others to shape your confidence!


Tell us about your book/books:

Southern Sizzle is my first published book. It is an urban/contemporary romance fiction novel set in my hometown, Gulfport, Mississippi. This is the synopsis:  Southern Sizzle captures the unwavering bond between first cousins, Saniyah Walker and Reese Dixon, as they navigate the triumphs, trials, loves and losses of early adulthood on the Mississippi Gulf Coast.  Saniyah is an aspiring chef who experiences a whole new world of liberty, opportunity, and harsh reality when she leaves her hometown and the watchful eye of sheltering parents to pursue her dreams.  Reese, Saniyah’s roommate and life-long best friend, is a hotel receptionist who masks a deep fear of commitment with materialistic motives and sexually-uninhibited behavior until her internal struggle is put to the test by a triangle romance with life-altering consequences.  On virtually opposite paths, Saniyah and Reese find themselves being pulled apart by men, ambition, and repercussion.  But through highs of romance, success, and personal discovery and lows of betrayal, abuse, and self-destruction, the unconditional love they share keeps them together.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Everyone is so supportive, helpful, and encouraging. I have enjoyed getting acquainted with this community and becoming a part of it. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I really hope that, above all else, if you read my book, you have a positive experience. 


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter: http://twitter.com/SelenaB_Author

TikTok: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZTdfPgArQ/

Snapchat: Snapchat.com/add/SelenaB_Author 

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/SelenaBTheAuthor/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/selena_b_the_author

YouTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UCDUaePV6cjEhSCNIvxwutSQ

Email: selenabtheauthor@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview