Ruth Anna Evans interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I was an absolutely voracious reader as a child. I started reading super young and was gobbling the biggest books I could find soon after. I loved anything magical or adventurous.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I remember writing poems and stories independently in elementary school. I went to college for writing but focused on journalism for several years. I only began thinking I could be an author when I got so completely bored and anxious during the pandemic that all I could do to cope was write. After that, the ideas just kept coming. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Fun, mostly. I love seeing my books take shape and the whole process of getting my book published. I am a self-published author, so as long as I don’t get ahead of myself in expecting huge amounts of sales right off the bat, I can see the rewards of my work immediately. 
That said, being a writer is a lot of pressure. When I don’t write for a few days, I get really worried that I’ve lost the spark. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Listen to what people tell you about your writing and use what they say to get better. And get some writer friends. They are everywhere online, and it makes the experience so much more fun. 


Tell us about your book/books:

My debut novella is called WHAT DID NOT DIE, and it’s a story about a newspaper reporter haunted by the insane ghost of a child killed in a house fire. 
I also have several shorts published and will be publishing my first collection, NO ONE CAN HELP YOU, this spring. 



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The variety! Everyone likes such different things, and everyone is writing such different things. Especially in horror. I love the direction the genre is going…it’s really rewarding talent, with all of the indie presses and book groups that focus on what readers like and not necessarily what’s been picked up by the big five publishers. 
Plus, people have just been really supportive and helpful and nice :).


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you. Especially people who leave reviews. You guys are saints. 


Where can people connect with you?

I’m most active on Twitter @AuthorRAEvans. I have a website, ruthannaevans.com. Or they can email me at authorruthannaevans@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview