My Bookish Date - G. Lawrence

You are going on a date with a book character, it can be any character from any book, who is it and why?

My favourite Jane Austen hero, Colonel Brandon from Sense and Sensibility. Still waters, as they say. Quiet and reserved, always the gentleman, he is an unassuming hero; a genuinely good man whose passions and feelings run deep. 


Who asked who for the date?

I would imagine neither of us would dare presume call it a date, but we exchanged cards and agreed to walk together, with chaperones, of course. 


Where are you going for the date and what are the plans?

Since we are in Devonshire, perhaps a turn along an excitingly rugged path of the moor, or a tour of Plymouth would be agreeable, followed by tea in a reputable tea shop where Brandon could regale me with tales of his travels as a young man.


What are you wearing for the date?

No lady of this time would be seen without her empire line dress, a pretty bonnet I have no doubt made up myself, and a good amount of petticoats, just so someone may comment if they happen to be six inches deep in mud. 


It's been a great date, do you ask them in for coffee at the end of the date?

Scandalous!

Colonel Brandon would be too much of a gentleman to even know what that phrase meant anyway. I imagine we shall make a date to take tea, and if things don’t work out between us I shall happily be his friend and that of Marianne, if I can prise her away from hugging trees and wailing sad sonnets, of course.  


You can connect with G. Lawrence at - 

I’m on Twitter most out of all social media as @TudorTweep. If you want to talk to me there it’s best to just tweet me as my DMs get a bit crazy, and sometimes I miss things there. I have a Facebook page, which I check a few times a week as G. Lawrence, and I’m on Instagram as tudortweep. Readers are welcome to email me on TudorTweep@gmail.com too. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview