Lynne Armstrong-Jones interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I've loved books as long as I can remember. My first writing success was in Grade 1.  I was six years old when my story was chosen to be read over the intercom for the entire school. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Back in the 80s and 90s I read sword and sorcery books by author Marion Zimmer
Bradley, and I especially liked the anthologies she edited.  Soon I was sending her
stories for the Sword & Sorceress anthologies, as well as her other publications.
Over the years, she published fifteen of my stories.  I wrote novels, too, and 
went through the usual routine of sending summaries and synopses to agents
and publishers. Although I was close a couple of times, I was never signed.  I wish I'd had more time to devote to writing. At the time, I was raising two kids and needed to work.  But now I'm back at it!


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

To aspiring writers:  If you enjoy writing, write! Some of your work might end up 
in the recycling bin, but don't let that stop you.  Even if your work isn't accepted
for publication now, you never know what the future will bring!  If you get a rejection, keep trying!  If you received criticism, pay attention to it. It might help you improve.  Don't worry about rejections!  Everyone gets them!  


Tell us about your book/books:

My first two fantasy books are on the market now, (Amazon, etc.) and the third will be published in a couple of weeks. The fourth, On the Trail of the Mountains' Mysteries, is with the publisher now. The fifth (last in the series) is currently partly in the computer but mostly in my head.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The writing community is filled with awesome people who know the joys of 
creating as well as the ache of rejection.  It's terrific to know that other writers
understand what you're going through. Be supportive of them!  


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I've bought several books (self-published and otherwise) from writers in the
writing community over the year since I first began there. 

Please visit my website and consider buying one of mine!  😉


Where can people connect with you?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview