Kenna Charles interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I was a late bloomer when it came to my love of reading. I don't think I started reading until I was about fourteen years old.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

About seven years ago I started writing for fun. I later joined a writing group where I found wonderfully supportive folks who encouraged me to publish. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

The process of writing is very enjoyable. They say that the work begins after the book is written, and I definitely find that to be true. Marketing and self-promotion are challenging to me, so in that aspect it feels a bit more like work than the creative process of writing. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Just get your backside in the chair. Nothing can happen if you don’t get words on the page. The rest will all come.


Tell us about your book/books:

What if you had the ability to know things people were thinking just through a simple touch? As a massage therapist, that would be a very handy tool... until you find out that your client has done something horrendous. The Psychic Touch Series tells the story of a smart, sassy woman who experiences a life-altering series of events when she ends up having a vision of a murder perpetrated by one such client, and the impact it has on those around her as she tries to convince the police that she isn’t some kind of a wacko. If you like fast-paced, snarky reads, this series is for you. There are two installments currently out and a third will arrive this year. 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Rising tides lift all boats. The degree of support I have seen not only for myself, but for many authors I am lucky enough to know, is astonishing. The writing community is saturated with kindness, which is not something I expected. It’s lovely. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

It may not always have been so, but now, self-published authors can offer something just as good, or better than traditionally published writers. Give us a chance! 


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter: @KennaAuthor, Facebook and Instagram: @kennacharlesauthor, or my website: www.kennacharlesauthor.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview