John Bevan interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hi my Name is John Bevan, I was born in Birmingham, England in 1971. I talk to my family every couple of weeks. I've been married three times. I was in a band for a short period. I have an old school friend who plays in the group UB40. I moved to the United States in 2011 and haven't looked back since. I now live in Colorado, United States been here for 10 years with my wonderful wife. 


When did your love of books begin?

My love of books began when I was 11years old my grandparents dought me a fact based novel called The Great Escape.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I wanted to become an author back in 1994. I had an idea for a war horror loosely based on fact. I did all of the research and began writing the story. But lost the manuscript because of moving around so much. I used to write poetry on the Dark Poetry website back in 2009.Then one Christmas I wrote a poem and decided to apply in an online magazine to have my first published poem which was released back in 2011. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I'm generally self publishing through Kindle/Amazon. It seems that this is the easiest process these days to get your book out there and published.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

If you wish to become an author do it. Just remember research, research, research the more information you can gather the easier it will be when you come to putting pen to paper or fingers to laptops.


Tell us about your book/books:

I'm currently working on finishing a book called Who Am I. It's an autobiographical book about a guy who has had to endure life, heartbreak, mental abuse while still trying to come out on top.

 I'm also gathering information on my war story. Its about WWII and the battle of Huertgen forest with a twist. Nazi Germany using chemical warfare on POWs and near villages with devastating effects (flesh eating mutants etc.) during the battle.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the coming together of like minded people. With inspirational ideas and just being able to communicate with people who wish to succeed.


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter - John Bevan


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview