Jason Blayne interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I write novels with a darker tone. My main genre is romance, but I've been known to dabble in suspense and thriller novels. Everything I will release is 18+. I started out YA/NA, but I've changed my style to adult-oriented storytelling since then.I grew up in Huntington, WV and I have a degree in Hospitality Management and Marketing with a minor in Culinary Arts.


When did your love of books begin?

My passion for writing started way back in 1998 by writing a different ending to "The Giver" and my submission and a classmates was sent to a scholastic magazine for a contest.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I've always been driven to become a mainstream entertainer. I was in music for about 4 years but after burnout and a ridiculous contract offer I walked away from the industry for a bit.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It's difficult being an independent author who isn't all about sex or writing erotica. My drive is becoming one of the best romance writers. Don't get me wrong, I'll write sex into my books but it's not my passion to write scenes like EL James did with 50 Shades or Anna Todd with the After series.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Write your strengths and your passions. If you have the imagination for fantasy write it! Be yourself!


Tell us about your book/books:

Most of my books are interconnected through what I called the #JBLU (Jason Blayne Literary University) where the storylines connect, crossover, and overlap at times creating a new experience for readers.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love how you can take anything and turn it into a memorable story.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Always trust me to bring you my best work. I'll always find new ways to surprise you and bring a unique twist to my works.


Where can people connect with you?

Facebook, Twitter, IG, TikTok, Wattpad, and Inkitt.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview