Courtney Davis interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I am an author with 2, a third coming next month, urban fantasies. I live in North Idaho with my family and work as a kindergarten teacher. I read a lot and soak up sun when I can and hope that my writing brings a little joy to others. But even if no one ever read what I wrote, I think I'd still write because I love creating stories, it brings me happiness.


When did your love of books begin?

When I was young, I was a reader in elementary school and it really expanded from there. When my parents divorced I found a lot of comfort in escaping into a book, so I think that's still my chosen way to relax and ignore life for a while. I think it's probably a pretty healthy option lol. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I started thinking about it in 8th grade and it never really left my mind. I started my first book that I actually finished, when I was 18. It's really been a lifelong pursuit for me. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Mostly wonderful. I realize that it won't always be perfect and it won't always be yes and best sellers so I try to appreciate the process of how I get where I want to be, how I reach my goals, even the ones that are not great. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Read a lot and write a lot and remember that everything you write is not going to be wonderful, learn to judge your own writing harshly and move on from something that isn't working. 


Tell us about your book/books:

A Werewolf in Women's Clothes came out last August and it is about a woman who finds out she's a werewolf when she walks in on her boyfriend cheating on her. She runs after killing them and is taken in by a pack that's been watching her for years. She finds out a world exists she never knew of full of fantastical creatures and has to decide between being alpha to this pack or pursuing her human career. 


A Spider in the Garden is about a woman, a spider shifter, who thinks she's the last one on earth. She is in a dark place, wondering if she even deserves to be alive when she finds and saves a young werewolf, then meets a daywalking vampire and finds out she may not be so alone in the world. She works with him to save a girl who's been kidnapped by vampires looking to take over the world by reincarnating Eve.


A Life with Beasts which comes out April 19th is the first of an urban fantasy mystery series set in Seattle where a woman, a magician with powers to communicate with animals, extreme flexibility and healing, is unwillingly in charge of a portion of Seattle which her father runs. She is forced to face the reality of her life as a part of the supernatural world and accept the help of her childhood enemy when dead cats and a wounded vampire show up in her territory.  


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

There is so much love and support of each other, I hardly ever see drama between anyone and it feels like a great place to safely be a writer with other writers. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I hope you enjoy reading what I created even half as much as I enjoyed writing it.


Where can people connect with you?

I am everywhere lol Twitter Facebook Instagram and Tiktok. I am going to be using youtube soon I think too. Mostly I am everywhere as Authorcdavis or authorcourtneydavis and my website is www.authorcourtneydavis.com I am planning to add a little freebie story on my website soon, probably a chapter at a time, maybe biweekly. I love to hear from readers on any platform and look for more to come from me!


Comments

  1. Thank you so much for hosting me today! I really enjoyed answering your questions and sharing a bit about myself with readers!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Claude Bouchard interview