Cassie Sanchez interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hello, Feed My Reads Community! I’m a wife, mom of two men-children and two Labrador retrievers. I live in the Southwest and love to read, play golf, drink coffee, and enjoy a satisfying nap (not necessarily in that order).


When did your love of books begin?

I’ve always been a reader but I’d say I really jumped back into reading after my kids were born (23 years ago). I mostly read Romance but then fell in love with Fantasy after devouring Harry Potter. Now I read Fantasy, Rom-Com’s, Romantic Suspense, and whatever my bookclub is reading, which usually takes me out of my comfort zone.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I never thought I wanted to be an author until the empty nest loomed and as a stay-at-home mom, my identity had a major shift. I was desperately searching for some sort of purpose and my younger son said to me, “You like reading so much, why don’t you try writing?” I then took a continuing ed class and after the first day, had fallen in love with writing and was jazzed to have something that was all  mine.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Let’s say I jumped into the deep end without floaties when it came to learning the craft of writing. I read books, attended webinars and a writing conference, and joined Jerry Jenkin’s Writers Guild. The writing and learning I love. The business side of being an author and the marketing, which ironically is my major, is not my favorite.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Learn the craft and start writing. Don’t worry about perfection; that’s what the edit/rewrite phase is for, and even then, there’s no such thing as perfect. Take the time to get your story down and have fun with it.


Tell us about your book/books:

My debut Fantasy is Chasing the Darkness. Azrael, the Angel of Death, is the most feared assassin in all of Pandaren. In his quest for power and revenge, he undergoes a procedure that gives him magic, but the side effects cause him to be a liability. He discovers his life and purpose were built on a lie and now must choose a path of either vengeance or redemption.
Chasing the Darkness is an action-packed story filled with magic, sword fights, and romance and is the first in the trilogy. Book 2, Embracing the Darkness is in the edit phase. CTD has also won four awards, which I’m super excited about.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the shared excitement over reading and writing books, and the shared woes and struggles of being an author. This community gets the notion of wanting to escape into a story or a world. There is an automatic connection that I really appreciate.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Buy my book! Just kidding, sort of šŸ˜‰. I’d tell them thank you for taking a chance on a new author and for taking the time to read Chasing the Darkness. Reader’s support and encouragement is what helps authors get through the hard days of writer’s block, criticism, and imposter syndrome.


Where can people connect with you?

My website is the best place to learn more about me, my book, and my writing journey. www.cassiesanchez.com. I’m also on Facebook and Instagram - @cassiesanchezauthor and Twitter @CSanchez_author.
You can find Chasing the Darkness on AmazonBarnes&NobleBooks-A-Million or, hopefully, at your local bookstore.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview