Audrey Wilson interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Audrey Wilson. I'm an award-winning writer, screenwriter, and regional Emmy-nominated producer, with a BA in Television Writing and Producing from Columbia College Chicago. Having written my whole life, my passion for writing has led to the recent publication of my debut novel from Dreaming Big Publications, Wrong Girl Gone. My second novel Only Human is scheduled to be released by Flashpoint Publications in 2023.


When did your love of books begin?

While I've always enjoyed reading, being part of the Harry Potter generation, my real love of books began when I first devoured Prisoner of Azkaban. I loved being immersed in the magical world and knew I wanted to one day create stories that could make people feel the same way.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

In a way, I feel like I've always wanted to be an author. I wrote my first real short story at ten years old, and haven't stopped writing since. When I was seventeen, I began writing Wrong Girl Gone, which would ultimately become my first published novel. As I'm sure many writers can relate, writing is in my blood. I can't help but want to tell stories. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Equally as rewarding as it is challenging. I queried Wrong Girl Gone for almost five years before I received my first publishing offer. Along the way, I learned a lot about the querying and publishing process, which really prepared me for querying my second and third novels. If you'd like to know more about the querying process, be sure to check out my blog post: 7 Tips for Perfecting Your Query Letter


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Keep writing. Write as often as you can, and finish your work. Finishing a project in itself is a huge accomplishment for any writer, and it will give you the confidence you need to move forward with your work. Also, rejection is never fun, but it's an important part of the writing process. As hard as it can be to put your work out there, remember that every rejection is one step closer to publication. 


Tell us about your book/books:

Wrong Girl Gone - Domestic Suspense/Thriller from Dreaming Big Publications
It's late in the summer of 1989 and the body of twenty-two-year-old Joy Elliot Larson is about to be discovered on the bank of the Kawanee River.But let's not get ahead of ourselves.As a young mother living in her small hometown of Jasper, Mississippi, Joy lives paycheck to paycheck with her son, Jerry, and alcoholic husband, Carl. After enduring years of Carl’s abuse, Joy reaches her breaking point when she discovers a large stash of money he’s been keeping from her. With the encouragement of her twin sister, Joy takes the money, packs up Jerry, and goes on the run, determined to get as far away from Carl as possible. But Joy is not alone. Someone is following her. And it's only a matter of time before Joy will have to fight for her son… and her life.
Only Human - LGBTQ+ Love Story - Coming Soon from Flashpoint Publications
Love is messy and wrong and beautiful all at once. At least that's what Frankie and Leece are about to discover.Frankie lives a simple, suburban life working at a Big Lots in Northwest Indiana after dropping out of college. Leece is a bright, young, former medical student at the University of Chicago who's drinking away her ambition after losing her memory in a violent car accident.When the two women meet, their worlds are turned upside down, especially for Leece. Something inside her changes when she meets Frankie. While the two of them couldn’t be more opposite, Leece feels a connection to Frankie unlike any she's felt before, compelling her to tell Frankie lie after lie to try to win her over. But when Frankie learns that Leece might not be exactly who she says she is, their relationship grows rocky. Plagued by visions of her sketchy past, Leece must figure out who she really is before she loses everything she loves, including Frankie.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love seeing what other readers are reading and getting recommendations from them. It's particularly great to be able to connect with people who love the same genres you do.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

THANK YOU! Readers are the reason us authors do what we do. We aim to entertain, move, compel, and intrigue readers. Knowing that even one person was moved by something I wrote means the world to me. 


Where can people connect with you?

Instagram: @dreamerbyday91
Twitter: @dreamerbyday91


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview