Annie Le Voguer interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hi, I’m Annie, I’m author of the Wingfield Equestrian series of horse books for grown ups.


When did your love of books begin?

When I was little, my mother made stories up to encourage me to eat my food, or go to sleep, or to keep me amused when ill. Her tales could run for weeks as I’d urge her to tell me more. So, I’d say my love of words came from mum. Books came next.

My first love has always been horses. I don’t remember a time when I didn’t surround myself with them. I had toy horses rather than dolls, books about horses and my magazine treat would be Horse and Hound. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

The desire to become an author myself was fired up as a nine-year-old. Our primary school hosted Joan Aitken, a children’s author. One of her stories, A necklace of raindrops, was a rare detour from the world of horse books I owned, and I was very excited to meet her. She was a wonderful lady and I went home full of ideas that I would be like her one day.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Life isn’t always so easy and with young children and a full-time job, my love of writing took a backseat for many years. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

The process of first draft is the easy bit. It’s what comes next that is the daunting part! But having made it to the final stage and having books out there for people to read is totally rewarding. 


Tell us about your book/books:

My first book, Teenager en Provence, is a humourous look at relocation. So many people have written about their new life since Peter Mayle wrote of his move to Provence. But what if you were only fifteen and you didn’t want to be in a different country, a foreign one where no one spoke English?

Having spent many years on equestrian yards I felt it was a good backdrop to write about. As I developed the idea, I realised that there were so many characters, horses and plots, that it made more sense to create a series. Wingfield Equestrian was born.

I have now written two books, Rivalry in Riding Boots and Rendezvous with a Gift Horse. Work on Book Three has begun and Book Four is mapped out ready. 




What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Having connected with so many people in the reading / writing community as a result of my books being published has been a total buzz. What’s not to love about knowing the pleasure my words have given someone? To make new friends as a result?


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

If I was to say anything to readers? Be kind! I received my first one star the other week and was mortified. I discovered the source on Goodreads and was surprised to see how many books she’d dropped a one star onto. Like nearly every book she’d read. I doubt she’s ever attempted to write as if she had, she’d know the months of typing, the sleepless nights, the re-writing, the fear when you press ‘publish’.  As mum always said, if you have nothing good to say, don’t open your mouth. And certainly don’t dish a one star!


Where can people connect with you?

I have a website, www.annielevoguer.com or you can find me on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Nice easy name to google, only one of me in the world!

Thanks for reading!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview