Amy Shannon interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I started telling stories the minute I could talk, and I liked it when my mother read me books and taught me how to read, so I could do it myself.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I never thought about being an author. For most of my life, I wrote poetry and short stories, just for me, or a high school paper or something. In 2004, I wrote my first full-length novel, and it was published in 2005. After that, I learned that I could write not just poetry, short stories, tech documents, but novels.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It's a lot different now than it was then. I started before Google and Amazon were a thing. There weren't online book reviews, just in magazines and newspapers, and you had to work for that media.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Do it. Don't just say you want to do it, get something on paper, and then ask yourself that again. Another thing, patience is key.


Tell us about your book/books:

I wrote three poetry books, a 67-volume Saga (I call it the MOD Life Epic Saga which has drama, murder, relationships, family, and it revolves around citizens in a small fictional town). I've written two books with a male lead character, and others that have lead female and/or male characters. I like writing about characters that are in law enforcement or a private detective, or something that revolves around solving a crime, and sometimes falling in or out of love. Not all my books fit within that.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

For the most part, they support each other. I support all authors, and do my best to help them, and give them necessary information. I may review books, but I get all types of questions from authors. I have built up relationships with authors, publicists, agents, publishers, editors, other reviewers, and I do what I can to help. My podcast, The After Show with McKensie Stewart & Amy Shannon, is part of us helping other authors.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Keep reading, you never know what will happen next.


Where can people connect with you?

writeramyshannon@gmail.com or amysbookshelfreviews@gmail.com (Or just google Author Amy Shannon)

Amy Shannon’s Portfolio: https://writeramyshannon.wixsite.com/amyshannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview