Zsolt Zsemba interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hi, my name is Zsolt Zsemba. I was born in Hungary, moved and lived in Canada but currently living in Bali. I am a single dad of two grown kids. I love to write, blog and I work in entertainment. While my books are on Amazon I am a published author and I have two novels on the best selling list in Indonesia under a secret pen name. 


When did your love of books begin?

For me, it started with writing, soap opera scripts in Indonesia and pretty much learned along the way. Reading scripts got me into books and then to becoming an author.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I have been writing poems since the age of twelve but didn't think of being an author until about 4 years ago. When my boss said, Zsolt you are not a writer, as we discussed a movie script. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

For me, it is an escape and a way to create a world that I control. I feel it is relaxing yet extremely challenging at the same time. I never have writer's block because I look at a book as a movie script in 3 acts. Having never had an ounce of schooling to become a writer it may seem rather strange.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Write, write, write as much as you can. Eventually, you will find your groove and things will come naturally. I found that people watching helps me so much. 


Tell us about your book/books:

I started with my first book of Organ House many years ago. I skipped to a teen drama titled Scars and on to a children's fantasy novel titled Elax and the White Witch. I was drawn to horror and I wrote My Laiba. That went on to another horror novel and before I knew it I have written 14 novels. 

However, John Doe vs Evil is a true story of my family. it is our story of how we worked to build a business over 35 years and was eventually bankrupted by IKEA. It is the only book I shed a tear or two in while writing it. 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the fact that we are all equal. By that I mean I feel that we welcome everyone and even big accounts follow never ones. Seems to be a support group and I have yet to see any negativity. I find that encouraging and motivating. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Please go buy more books... I don't just mean mine but all kinds and introduce the younger generation to reading. It is not enough to watch/listen to movies and stare at your phone all day. It is difficult to break away from social media, but reading is different. it is private and you can use your imagination instead of scrolling mindlessly on your phone. 


Where can people connect with you?

I have my website and blog at www.zsoltzsemba.com or on Instagram at @zsoltzsemba @zsoltzsembabooks or @johndoevsevil


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview