Teri M Brown - My Dinner Party

Where are you holding your dinner party?

On the beach at sunset. I love the NC beach, but for this dinner party, the scene will be Sveti Stefan Beach in Montenegro. I visited this country before writing Sunflowers Beneath the Snow and wanted to stay and write!


What's the occasion you are holding the dinner party for?

No occasion! Just life. If you have an opportunity to hold a dinner party in Montenegro, then you should. It's as simple as that! 


Who are your five guests and why are they invited?

It's a shame that I have to limit it to five. I'll feel terrible leaving out anyone who wanted to come! So, I'll have a drawing. If you want to be invited, put your name in the hat. But don't worry, if you don't get to come to this dinner party, I'll have more, so you can try again!


What food are you serving?

Local fare, of course. We'll definitely have Buzara - a garlicky seafood dish cooked in a white wine sauce, Cevapi - spiced chicken skewered and grilled with onion and peppers, Crni Rižot - black risotto, Mediterranean flatbread, and Palačinke filled with chocolate for dessert. 


What's your cocktail or mocktail for the dinner party?

With such a full-flavored meal, those who want a nip might consider a Smederevka white wine.


What music are you having played during your dinner party?

It's completely eclectic. We'll listen to everything from 1940s swing to modern day pop with a bit of local music thrown in. At times, all the eating and conversation will stop as we jump out of our seats and dance a bit!


You've raised a book to have a bit of a discussion about, which book is it and why?

A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles. I loved his way with words, and the book is filled with words of wisdom. I took so many pages of notes reading the book that I never got to discuss at my book club. Plus, I think it is always helpful to look back at the Soviet era so we don't repeat it!


It's time for bed, what book are you retiring to your bed with?

The Storyteller's Secret by Sejal Badani because it was recommended by a friend.



You can connect with Teri at - http://www.terimbrown.com

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown