Stjepan Varesevac Cobets interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Stjepan Varesevac Cobets. I was born and live in Split, Croatia.


When did your love of books begin?

My love for books began when I was a little boy and started reading fairy tales. The books thrilled me as they took me to beautiful places of imagination that I could never visit.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

At first, I had no desire to become an author. From the fourteenth year since I wrote my first poem, I have been writing poetry for a long time because it has relaxed me. In the meantime, I wrote two novels and a few stories, but no one in Croatia was interested in publishing anything. When I collected a mountain of diaries and a lot of paper I wrote in my thirties, I decided that it would be nice to put it together in one collection of poetry. I published it in a free edition in Croatia. That was in 2005. Maybe I desired to become an author started when I published my first book in 2015 in English on Amazon, then I spontaneously published and translated my other books and stories. So in the last five years, I have become an indie author, although writing is my hobby.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I have always loved writing and inventing stories. It was a pleasure for me; I guess all the authors start like that. Now, I don't know if there is any process here. I think it's love for the written word.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

It is essential to write and learn how to write better. I am still learning to write.


Tell us about your book/books:

I never knew how to talk about my books, for my books are better talked about by readers who have read them. But I mostly write poetry, fairy tales, fables, and science fiction. I write about everything in poetry, especially about love and the world around me. As far as science fiction is concerned, Godeena's novel is military with a touch of thriller and action. The book The Dream of the Forest is a post-apocalyptic adventure and romance. Novellas The Collector is also post-apocalyptic, and Black Seeds is also military with a great deal of ecology.




What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I can create new worlds and take readers on a journey of my imagination.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Read everything you like, at least that's how I do it, if the book is interesting to me, I'll read it.


Where can people connect with you?

Readers can contact me on Goodreads and Twitter. My link:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/14172768.Stjepan_Varesevac_Cobets

https://twitter.com/VSCobet


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview