Robertson Hunter Stewart interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

When I was very young my love of reading started with comics (the worlds of Marvel and DC Comics hold no secrets for me).

 

My real love of books began at an early age and soon turned to the world of Science Fiction and Fantasy (HG Wells, Isaac ASIMOV, Ray Bradbury, George Orwell, Tolkein). To this day I am still a big fan of science fiction and fantasy. Nevertheless, I also developed a taste for reading about leadership and management when I was at University (Ken Blanchard, Peter Drucker, Michael Porter etc).

 

What’s always interested me the most about books is the way that characters are depicted and developed, hence in part my interest in the individual in today’s VUCA world ( Volatile Uncertain Complex & Ambiguous).


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

It started in early 2019 following a discussion I had with a couple of people about the Fundamentals of management ; basically we disagreed about these fundamentals. The Reason being that they supported the idea that the Customer is always king, whilst I was totally convinced that employers needed to become a lot more « caring » and employee centric in their approach. Hence the name of my first book Employee Power !


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I have found the process to be extremely exciting. Why ? Due to the fact that you can finally get down on paper what’s been going around in your head for far too long and it also helps you develop as a person (and as a manager and teacher in my case). I have found writing itself to be the easiest part and editing and marketing my work a lot less so (like a lot of authors out there I suspect).  


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I would say to them, never give up under any circumstances. I truly do Believe that we « all have a book Inside of us. » I would also tell them to develop good writing habits and be disciplined in their approach (a certain number of words written, per day, week, month etc). In fact the best advice I can give them comes from someone called Jim Rohn, who said , and I quote :

« Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments »


Tell us about your book/books:

My books are about the importance of the individual in today’s Workplace and why it is that additional value is created by employees for all of the other stakeholders (managers, leaders, owners and shareholders).

I explain in my books step by step methods on management and leadership which lead to competitive advantage and why it is that looking after your employees correctly is the best way to get there. My favourite quotes in this regard comes from two sources :

« Take care of your people, they’ll take care of your customers and the business will take care of itself »

JW Marriott


« Great leaders lead with the power of love, not with the love of power »

Jon Gordon


Amazon.com: The Incredible Value of Employee Power: Unleashed How to gain competitive advantage by treating your employees well! eBook : Stewart, Robertson Hunter: Kindle Store


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Finally, what I love about the writing / reading Community is the diversity of metrial, ideas, authors and subject materials. It really is a whole other world!


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I would like to say to my readers that true and effective leadership comes through true caring , empathy and listening to those whom you work with. One of my favourite quotes  in this regard is :


« Leadership in not about being in charge. Leadership is about taking care of those in you charge »

Simon Sinek


Where can people connect with you?

LinkedIn:

(14) Robertson Hunter Stewart | LinkedIn

WEBSITE :

www.robertsonhunterstewart.com

INSTAGRAM :

BUSINESS MAIL :

TWITTER :


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview