Robert Sanborn interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hi! I'm Rob Sanborn and I'm big into the supernatural and all things that mystify me about life. They say to write what you know and love.


When did your love of books begin?

The book that got it all started, for me, was Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne. I can still see myself at my desk in the sixth grade reading it and not even realizing the bell had rung for the next class. That was the day I realized a book could transport you to another time and place. And I was THERE!


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I got to thinking about writing books at a young age after reading The Stand by Stephen King. It was a long time after that, but the idea was always in the back of my mind. Life happens, things get put on the back burner but it never, ever left my mind. My wife and my sister finally gave me the kick in the ass I needed to get my first book written.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

The process for becoming an author, for me, has been one of two steps forward, one step back. When I put out my first book, I had little to no idea what I was doing. The book has undergone some transformations since it first came out. I didn't really have a grasp on how to present it to the right audience, so the first cover, though I really liked it, looked more like a horror book than urban fantasy/supernatural suspense. So, I pretty much love the writing process ... I get lost in the story. The biz side, constant learning. But it's all worth it.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I would tell someone thinking about becoming an author today to go for it. I don't remember who said it ... "You miss one hundred percent of the shots you don't take." ... but it's true. If you don't take the shot, you never get to find out what happens. Succeed or fail, you will at least know.


Tell us about your book/books:

My books are urban fantasy/supernatural suspense books set in Salem, Massachusetts. I have a Novella called "Saving The Witch" that is available for free for newsletter subscribers. It's the story of how a witch named Wanda Heinze realizes she needs to protect a four-year-old boy who is the reincarnation of someone important from the year 1692.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The best thing about the writing and reading community, in my opinion, is that everyone is pulling for each other. There's no nastiness or jealousy about who's doing what. We all love books and we all want authors to do well and readers to be thoroughly entertained. When I write a book, I'm extremely hard on myself. If it bores the heck out of me, I'll throw out thousands of words. So, to my eternal gratitude, the experience I've had with both communities has been 100% supportive.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I would say to my readers that I hope my books entertained you. Maybe took you out of yourself and away from your troubles for a while. Reading has always been a refuge for me, and when I write a story, I want that same experience for whoever is reading it. We all need to get away for a while, especially in the times we live in now.


Where can people connect with you?

My Website is robsanbornauthor.com I'd love to hear from everyone. Thanks for your time and the opportunity to reach out to the readers out there. Happy Reading!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview