Risa Owens interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I was maybe 8 years old when I was given my first book, Hansel and Gretel, it sparked a love of the written word within me, as I got older I fell in love with historical romance novels.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I was in the ninth grade, I had written some poems, and a short story which I asked my English teacher to read. Of course she said it needed a lot of work. Throughout the years I wrote poems about life. In my thirties others urged me to write about my life.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Finding the right channel for me was daunting, I finally decided on publishing through Amazon/Kindle because it was less expensive yet on the other hand the promotions are left up to me, so it’s a double edge sword in a way.  The writing comes easy for me, it’s the promoting of the books that have been the hardest for me.  Yet seeing my book in print was a dream come true.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Don’t ever give up on your dreams, though the road seem long, and hard, you will find a way. Once you see your book in print; you will know then that it was worth all the blood, sweat, tears, and sleepless nights.


Tell us about your book/books:

The Heart That Grieves of a Little Girl Lost (currently in Revision) is about my life, the miracles of God, my relationship with God, my mother, and becoming a single mother, lost love, and overcoming rejection, grief, sorrow to ultimately triumph in the end; to become the woman that God had destined me to be.




 

COMING THROUGH THE FIRE ~ BECOMING A WARRIOR is a self-help book, bringing together the daily struggles of depression, fear, shame among others with the word of God, his healing promises to show how we can overcome these emotions that would limit us in our lives.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love that in a book you can go anywhere you want to go in this world. You can live the life of another for the time you are reading that book. I have been to Paris, to many countries through books. As I told my granddaughter books can teach us so much if we will but read and listen.

I would like to say to the writing community that I have joined while on Twitter, they have been the best of friends an author could have. They have been supportive, helpful, and given advice. I am eternally grateful to each and everyone of you that have taken time out of your day to help me since I have been on Twitter.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I am thankful to you for choosing to read my book because among the millions of books you choose to read mine. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. It is my prayer that something in my books will touch you in a way that changes you for the better, so that you will want to share that connection that we have made. Blessings


Where can people connect with you?

risascorner21@gmail.com

www.risascorner.net

videoblogger_22@outlook.com

Facebook Risa Owens Author

Twitter @risascorner21


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview