Nora S. Pattugalan interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

My love of books began when I was 11 years old. I always had a book at hand to read for entertainment. My true love for books begin with analyzing for English literature classes in high school, significantly during sophomore year.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Beginning at 11 years old, I wrote about family trips. In school over the years, there were always free-writes and prompts given. I wanted to expand on that. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I learned to have an idea, take notes and compile parts of the story bit by bit. Process what was written then revise and edit as you write or do it after completion. Whichever works. Most of my ideas were short stories before I decided to turn them into longer stories. I've been writing fiction nonstop since 2015.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Being an author sounds exciting when you think about it, but the entire process of writing can be daunting. Write at your own pace. In my experience, I didn’t become an author until I began with writing/publishing articles and gained an audience. 


Tell us about your book/books:

I wrote a duology which is simply called Everlasting. The first book Count to Three is about a college student named Sienna Reynolds. Her goal in life was to become a journalist with the intention of solving her father’s murder case. She meets her psychology professor, Ethan Henderson, who has an agenda of his own. Its sequel is called Everlasting Profession. The two collide in this wild romantic series with love and destruction. 

My newly released novella Transcend with Me is about three angels who find themselves travelling around California. The central character is Skye, who has relationship troubles with another angel named Dion. While figuring herself out, what she truly wants, and finding a way back home to Heaven, she meets an angel named Gino who changes her perspective. 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I was unaware that there would be massively supportive and thriving communities for writing and reading. I’m grateful for every opportunity of meeting people in these communities. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Read what piques your interest and hold onto stories that mean something to you. 


Where can people connect with you?

My website is norapauthor.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview