Hermione Laake - Writers Block

Interview with Hermione Laake author of THE SILVER RAGUSARUS - crossover children's journey story. Blend of real and magical

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hermione-Laake/e/B00FCATON2/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1


When was the last time you had writers’ block?

I have it now.


What do you normally do to overcome writers’ block?

Mostly I edit. I find that when my creative mind switches off, I am better at finding typos. I am sure I use a different part of my brain for this work.


How does it feel when writers’ block hits?

You feel like you have taken sleeping pills. I only know this because I once made the mistake of taking them.


How does it feel when you have overcome writers’ block?

You feel energised and inspired.


For those going through their own writers’ block, what would you advise them?

As with all things, don’t push it away.  Embrace it. Do something else. Walk, run, cycle, sing, sing, sing, sing. Something will amaze and inspire you again soon. Hopefully not a pandemic. I wrote my second novella because of the pandemic; I am currently querying. It created so much emotion in me. I write when I’m emotional.

Thank you for the interview.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview