Frances Murray interview 3

AUTHOR INTERVIEW 3


How did it feel when you finished writing your book?

I was flying high when I initially thought I was finished with my book. Although it’s published, I still go back and edit it. (I didn’t have money for an editor so I’m consistently updating it.) But I felt accomplished. I’d been working so hard and for so long on this tremendous 80,000 words project. 


How do you feel when your book is going through the editing phase? 

I did all the editing myself. When writer’s block knocks me on the head, I go back and edit my first book and am consistently updating it. I get frustrated with editing because it seems I’m always overlooking something but I cannot afford an editor at this time. 


You get a front cover for your book, it must be starting to feel more real now but that surely brings about a lot of emotions?

I actually painted the cover of my book.


Your book has now got to ARC stage and it's out with some readers now, how do you feel?

I get excited just by having readers! It doesn’t matter if they have paid for the book or not (Sometimes I offer it for free just for feedback!) I do get a little nervous for feedback, but I welcome all the critiquing I can get. I always want to grow and be a better writer. 


You now have everything ready to go and a release date set, how does it feel?

I was hesitant to post my book in the Apple store. There’s some legal stuff that has to be filled out and it was a pain to publish there. Kindle Vella was so easy. I didn’t “release” my book on any significant day. But I was eager to have a URL for people to click on. 


Where can people connect with you?

@Colorofresil on Twitter and Instagram.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview