Daisy Landish interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Daisy Landish is a UK Romance Author. She writes clean and sweet romance novellas. When she’s not writing romance books, Daisy enjoys reading, hiking at dawn, and riding into the sunset on her trusted steed, Rosebud.


When did your love of books begin?

I’ve always loved books. Reading was always encouraged when I was a child. My parents would read me before bed and later, we’d often read aloud to one another after dinner. I spent hours at the library choosing books to read for the week and, more often than not, I could be found reading under a tree in the yard or by the window when it was raining. Those are still my two favorite places to read.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

It was a recent revelation. I was scrolling through Tik Tok one day and an author was saying how easy it is to write romance and self-publish your books. As a lark, I decided to start writing a novella as I didn’t want to commit to writing a novel right out of the gate. I sent it to a friend and she thought it was fab, so I published it.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Incredibly easy and rewarding. Once I’d written, edited, and proofread my story, I tried my hand at making a cover for it using Canva. It turned out rather well, for an amateur. I set up an account on KDP, and within minutes it was out into the world. I was so proud of my creation. I decided this was an excellent to spend my free time. A far superior occupation than scrolling on social media, though not as relaxing as reading books.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Go for it! There is nothing to lose but time, at first anyway. If you place to make a career out of it, you’ll need to invest in editing tools, then in actual editors. You’ll also need to learn to market your books


Tell us about your book/books:

I have a few series going. The Lady Series is Regency Romance. If you enjoy Jane Austen and Georgette Heyer, you will enjoy those. The Ranch Series, is sweet, contemporary, western romance. After a crushing divorce, Piper Hills Baker gets a second chance at love when she moves to Cassidy Falls, Texas, to breathe life into a run-down ranch she received as a settlement.

The Cherry Tree Island Series is a contemporary, sweet romance featuring protagonists who are over 40. Abby Morgan just sold her house and waved goodbye to her kids as they head to college. She's finally going after her dream: To live on the North Coast of Maine and to write Mystery Books. Before she signs off on the purchase of Cherry Tree Island, Abby agrees to spend two weeks alone on the self-sustaining island to ensure she's up to the task.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Everyone’s been so forthcoming with advice. Fellow romance writers are an amazing group of individuals. They are always willing to help newcomers learn all facets of the trade and make it easy to promote one another’s books.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I have a Newsletter and I’d love for you to join. You’ll be showered with love and appreciation and you’ll receive first access to my books, as well as book recommendations and free books – mine and other authors’!


Where can people connect with you?

Amazon https://www.amazon.com/author/daisylandish

 

Social Media

https://www.facebook.com/daisylandishromance

https://www.twitter.com/daisy_landish

https://www.goodreads.com/daisylandishromance

https://www.bookbub.com/authors/daisy-landish


Website: www.daisylandishromance.com

 

Publisher’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/beachesandtrailspublishing/

 

Email: daisylandish.romance@gmail.com

 

Newsletterhttps://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/s7h8j0


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview