Courtney Elliott interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

From a very young age. I would probably say it began with bedtime stories that my mother would read to me. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I remember when I was really little, I would write my own little versions of stories that only I could read. I wrote my first "book" when I was eight years old. It's only gone up from there. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It's a rollercoaster. I love the entire creating process from coming up with characters to figuring out where their journey will take them. The process that follows after that can be a little upsetting at times, but it all makes me better so I can't hate it completely. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I'd say give it your all. If you're passionate about something, then definitely do whatever you can to do it. That being said, you also need to prepare yourself for critiques. You can't please everyone and there are going to be some people that might not like your particular style. You can't take all those personally. 


Tell us about your book/books:

My latest completed novel is a slow-burn contemporary romance. It's about a young man that struggles more than he succeeds in life, but with the help of the love of his life, he comes to realize his true worth. 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love how incredibly supportive it can be. In an industry this difficult to break into, it's really nice knowing there are so many people that have your back. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, and I hope I don't ever let you down. 


Where can people connect with you?

I have a Twitter account under the name @CElliott_Author. I also have an Author's Facebook page, www.facebook.com/Courtneyelliottauthor


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview