Chris Cavanagh interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Chris Cavanagh. I am an elementary school teacher from Ontario, Canada, and am 45 years old. I am very happily married and have three kids. My daughter, Hailey, is 16 and has already written three novels herself.


When did your love of books begin?

I always loved reading as a child. I loved a wide variety of books, but the Narnia series is one of my favourite childhood memories.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I've always wanted to write, even as a child. I tried starting a number of books, but didn't really get very far. Then, a few years ago I just decided that it was now or never, and wrote my first novel.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It has been filled with a lot of ups and downs, but overall it has been very fulfilling for me. To have realized a lifelong dream, and have people read and enjoy my work is indescribable. I found trying to find an agent and publisher very frustrating, and received more "no's" than I can count. I finally decided to self publish on Amazon, and have had some success and excellent feedback so far.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Without a doubt, you can do it. It doesn't matter who you are, how old, where you live, or what you, if writing is in you, do it.


Tell us about your book/books:

My book is called "The Recurring Mortality of Declan Darby. It's about a reclusive thief who has the prophetic ability of living out the final moments of a person's life when he touches them. It's an action packed Urban Fantasy.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I can't believe the support from both. It seems that the writing community is really rooting for everyone to be successful, offering words of encouragement and advice at the drop of a hat.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Just thank you for taking the time to read my work. It means so much that someone would invest their time to read something I wrote. And thank you for all the kind words I have received so far.


Where can people connect with you?

On twitter: @ccavanaghauthor
Or on Goodreads.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview