Cassie Swindon interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I'm an indie author from Raleigh, NC. I just celebrated my 10 year anniversary and have two kids and four cats if you can believe it.


When did your love of books begin?

My favorite class in high school was AP Literature, so I've always liked stories, but reading wasn't high in priorities due to being a collegiate athlete. I was always jealous of my little sister making time to read. I've started reading during Covid much more in the past and have hundreds of book reviews on my website if you'd like to check it out at www.cassieswindon.com


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

April 2020 I woke up from a dream about two characters who turned out to be Kody and Raelyn in the Golden Chains romantic suspense trilogy. It's a YA/NA crossover series because of the moderate steam level.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I love drafting. If I can write a chapter a day my life feels complete and full. I usually draft a 30 day novel in 30 days. But I hate the editing phase.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Write your passion.


Tell us about your book/books:

My first trilogy is contemporary, YA/NA romantic suspense. It's action packed and fast-paced with mini cliffhangers. See the blurb at Goodreads under "Break the Stone," "Hunt the Storm," and "Stop the Clock."
The trilogy I'm currently drafting is an adult fantasy romance set in contemporary times. Kyra and Jadox both have elemental magic. The fun tropes are enemies to lovers and eventual love triangle.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love showing excitement about a shocking turn of events in a book.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I love when you send me messages of high emotion when you can't believe what just happened!


Where can people connect with you?

www.cassieswindon.com is my website where you can sign up for my newsletter or read my free prequel/short stories for my trilogies info@cassieswindon.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown