Book interview - The Mirror Game by Guy Gardner


Where did the inspiration come from for your book?

It was a case of a few ideas coming together. I wrote a whole novel featuring the characters but I didn't like it and deleted it! I started again, with real focus for the issues of the period  ie just after Ww1 and the struggles people had at the time. After that the story came easily.


How did you find the experience of writing this book?

Well, as I said I deleted one version of it, so it was a long journey, however I loved (and still do) the characters, so they led the way for me!


Did you draw any inspiration from any real life people with any of your characters?

For me,  it's lots of different aspects of people, rather than any one person.


If you could say anything to readers of this  book then what would it be?

I hope you enjoy it, and that you buy another Guy Gardner!


Are there plans for more from these characters, or is it a stand alone piece?

Originally it was, but there are definitely threads that could be picked up, so I'm keeping open about that.


Where can we buy your book?

It is available from the publisher, The Book Guild: https://www.bookguild.co.uk/bookshop/book/283/The%20Mirror%20Game/
Or Amazon, Waterstones, Foyles, etc.


Please tell us where readers can connect with you and find out about any new book releases too.

Twitter: @GuyGAuthor 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview