Book interview - Embargo on Hope by Justin Doyle


Please tell us a little about the book

Embargo on Hope is a science fiction/fantasy adventure that follows Darynn Mark as he discovers dark secrets of the past and the power within. He journeys with Fyra Solia, sister of his best friend who sees death in her dreams, and Kaylaa Reesae, an alien soldier from another planet.

 

Where did the inspiration come from for your book?

I was initially inspired by the embargo around South Africa in the late 80s. I wanted to apply an embargo around an entire planet in a science fiction setting, set by an alliance of planets because the primary planet was violating human rights. As readers will quickly find out, it expanded far beyond that.


How did you find the experience of writing this book?

The book took more than 15 years for me to finish, working off and over that time. But I always did it because I enjoyed it, and it has always been a major goal for me to publish a novel.

COVID quarantines really helped me kick it into high gear - I started taking it more seriously, doing classes online to refine the craft of writing.


Did you draw any inspiration from any real life people with any of your characters?

Not specifically, no.


If you could say anything to readers of this  book then what would it be?

If you like the Star Wars movies or books, I think there’s a great chance you’ll like Embargo on Hope!


Are there plans for more from these characters, or is it a stand alone piece?

I’ve created a whole universe to work in, and I plan to expand that universe. There will be two direct sequels to Embargo on Hope: Assassination of Hope and Betrayal of Hope. Assassination of Hope is schedule to release this summer, while Betrayal of Hope should be next year. I’ve also been working on short stories, with the first (“Memoirs of a Mad Priest”) released late last year, and a few others planned for this year.


Where can we buy your book?

Most of the usual spots!:


Please tell us where readers can connect with you and find out about any new book releases too

I’m on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, and I have my own website. For news and exclusive access to short stories, subscribe to my mailing list!

      1. Instagram: Justin_Doyle_Author
      2. Facebook: facebook.com/justindoyleauthor
      3. Twitter: JustinD_n_Space
      4. My website: starmarked.mailchimpsites.com
      5. Mailing list: https://starmarked.mailchimpsites.com/#section_96b7a4587f62f1a74b4cdff71959d502


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview