Book interview - Dreams and Secrets: An American Western by Helen G Huntley


Please tell us a little about the book

Dreams and Secrets: An American Western

It's an action-adventure western with a big romance woven through it. Everything that happens is a reaction either from the couple or those around them. It brings out the truth, the secrets of men’s hearts and dreams of the young women. It has some great characters in it and it keeps your interest.


Where did the inspiration come from for your book?

I’ve been experimenting with different genre and wanted to try a western. I chose Denver Colorado area because I was familiar with it having lived there for a time. The plot is based on someone I knew once who didn’t know how to show his emotions. 


How did you find the experience of writing this book?

This was fun to write. A lot of the characters wanted to be dominant, but I had to work at keeping them in their place. As a result, there are a few subplots, but everything is related to the couple.


Did you draw any inspiration from any real life people with any of your characters?

Only the main character from someone I used to know.


If you could say anything to readers of this  book then what would it be?

This is a great beach read or fun read for when you are alone and want to snuggle up to a book you can read in one sitting. Its not long and reads fast but it’s very spicy and satisfying. 


Are there plans for more from these characters, or is it a stand alone piece?

I am considering a western series and have thought about spinning off this book. I do have one idea that I may use but I am not sure at this time. It would be easier than coming up with all new characters and location, these characters are very fun to work with. 


Where can we purchase your book?

Here is the link. https://books2read.com/u/4jA2qk

It’s sold through all popular online bookstores


Please tell us where readers can connect with you and find out about any new book releases too.

I have a website that has the books I have published available and a coming soon page with the book cover and a snippet about the book.

https://authorhelenhuntley.com/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Francessca Bella interview