Book interview - Alexander Lee and the Sunken Ship by Laura Austin


Where did the inspiration come from for your book?

When my son was in Kindergarten, he was obsessed with two things. Trains, and sharks. He loved all sharks but was especially impressed with great white sharks. I knew I needed a character that would draw kids in and at the time, Thomas the Train books would have been huge competition.  


How did you find the experience of writing this book?

It was fun! I write kid's books in rhyme and that makes it more enjoyable for me. I try to include humor, playfulness, and kindness. 


Did you draw any inspiration from any real life people with any of your characters?

No, but I did draw from real life kids to decide how I should present my books. It worked! I work in a school so I get to read my books to kids every year. 5-8 year old aren't interested in being polite- you catch their attention or you don't! 


If you could say anything to readers of this  book then what would it be?

I would say thanks for reading my book to your children! Literacy is so important and reading to your child promotes good reading habits. 


Are there plans for more from these characters, or is it a stand alone piece?

I have a total of seven Alexander Lee books. Only 2 are published. 


Where can we buy your book?

They are on Amazon, Xlibris.com, and many other online platforms. You can get copies directly from me on my Ko-fi site.


Please tell us where readers can connect with you and find out about any new book releases too

I can be found at ko-fi.com/lauramaustin and on Twitter @kyhorrorstory. I am launching a new website soon and will promote it on both platforms. 

For adults:
I write poetry, short stories, mental health articles and more, so if you like to read, I have a bit of everything to offer! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Claude Bouchard interview