Andrew Vincent interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Andrew Vincent and I'm releasing my first novel in May, called 'The Secret of Haditha'. Published by Cranthorpe Milner it tells the story of one man's battle between his family and his country.


When did your love of books begin?

I found books relatively late in life after my sporting career as a player and coach began to end and I needed something new to occupy my mind. I always enjoyed a good thriller though but was more likely to find it at Blockbusters rather than Waterstones. However that all changed when I borrowed a book called; Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John Le Carre and as you can imagine after that I was hooked.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I never really had any ambition to write a book myself but as I read more, predominantly Michael Connelly and Lee Childs I began to wonder if I could do something myself. It was only when lockdown hit that I actually got the chance and I went for it on day one. I wrote a chapter a day for a few weeks and then started reading it over zoom to my parents in the evening- I think it gave us all something to look forward to in that period!


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Fun and enjoyable, but most importantly I found writing really eased my anxiety levels and kept depression at the door.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Write a book because you enjoy the process, its like reading a book but you get to tell the story yourself, expand on the characters you like, that sort of thing. Don't do it to make money, I'm certainly not! LOL


Tell us about your book/books:

The Secret of Haditha is a Spy/Crime thriller that focuses on the main character John Cooper's battle between his country and his family.
As his past finally catches up with him and his whole world hangs by a thread he is forced to except the terriying truth that no matter how far you run from your past it will always find you.
Its due to be realised in May and I will be doing a number of pre-relase events in the next couple of months that you can find on my blog-  www.thesecretofhaditha.wixsite.com 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I'm new to it to be honest, but I've already had a number of really positive, interesting conversations with some really interesting people. It seems like a calm place to enjoy your hobby with like minded people.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for letting me in, I hope you enjoy my story.


Where can people connect with you?

www.thesecretofhaditha.wixsite.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Claude Bouchard interview