Tina Shyver-Plank interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Tina Shyver-Plank, and I live in Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania. I have a Bachelor of Arts in philosophy with a minor in English from Millersville University of Pennsylvania.


When did your love of books begin?

My love of books began at an early age, probably around sixth grade when my teacher read aloud the book, titled "A Wrinkle in Time" by Madeleine L'Engle. My love of books grew as a young girl to include all of the Judy Blume books, plus such books as "A Place Apart" by Paula Fox and "Honey" by Helen Cavanagh.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I decided I wanted to become an author in junior high school, after I started writing lyrics. In high school, I won the Scholastic Writing Award in Poetry in 1983. I spent most of my time writing poetry, short stories, and a novel.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Becoming an author is a long and winding road. It takes practice, practice, and more practice. You can never learn enough about presenting a great format and generating exceptional content.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Keep the faith, be persistent, and stay dedicated. Never do self-publishing. Work hard to find a traditional publisher, no matter how long it takes.


Tell us about your book/books:

Two of my published books are out of print. My third published book is with a traditional publisher, TouchPoint Press, and it is titled, "Second Chance: A Kidney Between Us." It was released on January 4. 2022. It is a memoir about a kidney donation I did for my dying cousin. It's about our lives together, apart, and together again, plus how being a living kidney donor changes lives in countless ways.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love sharing good books, connecting with other writers, and learning from other authors.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

"The only way out is through," as said by Robert Frost, the classic poet. My take on it is that people should feel all their emotions as they put pen to paper. You have to really feel life to get to the other side of an experience. There's no getting around it or taking shortcuts.


Where can people connect with you?

People can connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and at tshyver@aol.com.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview