T.K. Reed interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?


I would say my love for stories started in 3rd grade when Mrs. Talleson (not sure if that's spelled correctly) read me my first ever story, Charlotte's Web. 🕷 🕸 I was in awe and have loved stories ever since. 
I actually didn't get really into reading stories until I had children. I read to them every night at bedtime. Then we discovered Harry Potter. My husband and I read all the books to them every night and I've been reading ever since. 



When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I actually saw a wooden carving of a wolf half dead and half alive. I told my kids that I was going to write his story. After I wrote the manuscript, I asked my kids to read it, but they refused. My oldest son said he would read it when it was a book, so I pushed myself even harder and found out how to self-publish. The book was published in 2009.



How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Being an author isn't easy. It's probably one of the hardest things I've ever done, that includes getting a degree in journalism. I was in tears and even wanted to quit because it was on-going. The editors kept sending it back to me. I'd make the changes thinking that it was done, but no, there's more and more changes. It seemed to go on forever. One of the best things about being a self- published author is that you do have more control over things like what your cover of the book is going to look like. I did enjoy that part of the editing process.



What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I would tell them to Not Quit because it's easy to want to give up. It's definitely, not for people, who when things get tough they stop. Also take lots of writing classes. I took many online writing classes even before I started college.



Tell us about your book/books:

The book is called: QUASAR AND THE EYE OF THE SERPENT. It's a YA fantasy novel. The target audience is 9-12, but of course I believe it is for anyone who enjoys a good adventure story. 
The protagonists are two teens, Mathew and his sister Sue Robert. While playing in the woods by their cabin become lost. As it starts to become dark, they suddenly, spot a light and go towards it. They discover that the light is from a man who is holding a lantern. They go up to him and tell him that they are lost. He laughs and says he knows exactly where they are because he was sent  by the Great Wolf, Quasar to get them to help restore the Wolf. He has been cursed by an evil witch named Xaviera. When the teens see the Wolf, he is horrid. He's have alive and have dead on the other side. 
Quasar tells them they have 24 hours to find objects to break the spell. Once the spell is broken they can go home, but of course, it's not that easy.
I just finished its' sequel entitled, QUASAR AND THE TWIN HEROES and It's now in the hands of an editor. 🙌




What do you love about the writing/reading community?

It seems they really do support each other, which in this business, is a must just because it's such a hard life, especially, for the serious writer/author. I've also seen places where they help each other through writer's block, which is really nice. 



If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I would say thanks for their support. I really do appreciate any followers who buys my book/s and takes the time to read them. I love getting feedback from the story, telling me what they loved and what they didn't like about it. I would like for them to go on Amazon and give a review about it even if they didn't buy It on Amazon. You can find Quasar on Amazon or iUniverse.



Where can people connect with you?

I'm on Twitter and Facebook. I'm trying to get a website together, but haven't been able to get it finished as of yet. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview