The Bookish Hermit - our blog about their blog

Blog name: The Bookish Hermit
Blog link:  https://thebookishhermit.wordpress.com/
Social media: 

Instagram - #thebookishhermit

Twitter - @BookishHermit




A little introduction:

Hello! My names Laura and I work in the paranormal field, I love cats, gaming and books!



What made you start your blog? 

Having a blog was always something that interested me but I didn’t know what to blog about. I assumed that starting a blog would be somewhat pointless - because who would be interested in what I had to say?? However, after years of tough times and mentally and emotionally changing as a person I decided to start a blog about something I loved - BOOKS - I realised that really, it didn’t matter if people actually read what I had to say or not (although that is always nice 👌), it ended up being something that I did for myself. Something to be proud of and excited about. 



Which part of having the blog do you love most?

I enjoy documenting my reading, reviews etc and interacting with other bloggers, the great thing about blogs is you can always find something interesting out there! A little bit like books, whatever your interest, there will be a blogger somewhere who enjoys writing about it!



Where did the name for your blog come from? 

The bookish part is self explanatory and the hermit part….. Well, I’m not actually a hermit but I do prefer to stay indoors as much as humanly possible.



What do you love most about books? 

I love the way that books can transport me to another world, another time. Reading for me is a way to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle of every day life.



What genres do you blog about?

I do a little bit of everything! I’m involved with quite a few different book tour sites/groups, so I get to read stuff that I wouldn’t normally pick up. Doing this has opened up a whole new world of genres for me and I have connected with some wonderful people! 
My favourite genres are fantasy, historical fiction and psychological thrillers!



What are your favourite books?

How long have you got? 😻 I have so many favourites so here’s a top ten! These are in no particular order! 
⭐️ Watership down by Richard Adams.
⭐️ The magic cottage by James Herbert
⭐️ Scythe by Neal Shusterman 
⭐️ The chalk man by C.J Tudor 
⭐️ A great and terrible beauty by Libba Bray
⭐️ Tribes by Catherine Macphail
⭐️ Caraval by Stephanie Garber.
⭐️ Kingdom of the wicked by Kerri Maniscalco.
⭐️ House of dragons by Jessica Cluess
⭐️ The guest house by Abbie Frost



What are your 3 top reads from the last year?

This is a tough one, I read so many great books last year! I’m going to go for; 
⭐️ Kingdom of the cursed by Kerri Maniscalco.
⭐️ Jack in a box by Angela C Nurse.
⭐️Widdershins by Helen Steadman.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview