The Art Of Being A Book Blogger - Ceri from Read And Review It

Here is our first of a new feature - the art of being a book blogger.  Please welcome Ceri from Read and Review It.

When did you begin your blog?

May 7th, 2021! I still remember how nervous I was pressing publish on that first post.

 

Talk us through your blogging process (eg - do you plan out your reads, your posts, etc)

Honestly, my process is a little all over the place, haha! Normally I like to plan out my next three or so reads, and have a rough idea of what order I need to get review requests done in, and then I try to write out the reviews and schedule them as soon as I get the chance. I also write things like my wrap ups and upcoming releases throughout the month, as they take a little longer to work on!


Is there anything that frustrates you about the blogging process?

Honestly? Not really. I think the biggest frustration is when I’m in a huge reading slump or don’t have the time to read, as that leaves me in a bit of a rut for content, but that’s not necessarily about the process.

 

How much time do you donate to your blogging?

It varies. I’m in full time education at the moment so it honestly depends on what’s going on with school etc - usually I do a couple of hours a night during term time and a little extra on the weekend, if I can afford it. Then in the holidays, I spend as much time as possible on it so I can schedule posts ahead and have less to worry about when I’m at school!

 

What one piece of advice would you give to other book bloggers?

Don’t put too much pressure on yourself! When I first started I made myself read x amount of books in x amount of weeks and made sure they were an even split of genres, but I soon realised I couldn’t keep up with that. Blogging should be done because you love it, and putting on too much pressure takes away from that.



You can connect with Ceri at - 

readandreviewit.org

https://twitter.com/readandreviewit


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview