Tabitha Gibson interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW

When did your love of books begin?


In the fifth grade, we read The Boxcar Children and I was so fascinated by the story. I was so involved with what was happening, what would happen to the siblings next and how it would end. From there, I went to town reading what I could. Not my textbooks as often as I should have but, read, nonetheless.



When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I started writing wish fiction, which today is called fan fiction. I, of course, was the main character with a few friends and we would write ourselves as girlfriends of the latest pop band that we were so enamored with. It was as close to them as our little teenager hearts were ever going to get.



How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Trying to find time to write while working a day job, keeping things running smoothly in the household, keep open communication with my husband while raising our special needs daughter can be daunting but schedules help. Keeping on the schedule, a whole other ball of wax. Completing the book and taking the time to do at least three rounds of self-editing can also be daunting, but it's important. It's all about keeping everything flowing as smoothly as possible and not forgetting to breathe.



What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

It's so cliche but it's true. Never give up. With my busy life, sometimes I don't write for days and I feel guilty and chide myself but I can't have one (write the book) without the other (job to pay the bills, family to keep me grounded) So even if you write for ten minutes a day or thirty minutes a week, always keep moving forward. Eventually, you'll get to those two wonderful words: The End.
Think about it, if you write only one page a day, approximately 230 words, in 365 days, you'll have a full novel at 365 pages and 83,950 words. Cut that in half and you've written two novellas.
If you can't write, use the time to self-edit. You should be editing at some point so if writing isn't in the cards for that day, do a few pages of self-editing here and there. Always look on the positive side of the time you are able to spend on your work.



Tell us about your book/books:

All of my work is available on Amazon. I have three novellas available separately or in one anthology. I'm not a RomCom kinda girl. I'm more of a kick ass, adventure or suspense chick. Hence, the novellas that feature Bodyguards who embrace their inner Alpha and live to protect the woman they love. There are bits of humor weaved here and there throughout the stories, but I still love to see that protective flex going on. I wrote them many years ago, but I still love them.
I have a sweet side as well which are also available on Amazon in the form of short sweets.
Finally, a few years ago, I explored a new genre. Something way outside of my comfort zone but absolutely love it. Of course, there are still the overprotective men, but these men are more than just Alpha, they're Dominants. I'm in the middle of the third book of a four-book series that is Erotic Romantic Suspense and in my very bias opinion, fantastic. I've even managed to again, weave in some comedic moments and one-liners that might make you stop and laugh, but is also full of romance, suspense and very hot sex. I decided it was best to have a pen name separate from my other work for this erotic world so no one would be confused and buy the wrong book and end up with a very naughty surprise. That pen name is Jewelia Gibson.




What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The writing community can be so very helpful. Ask a question, get several answers. Promote your work or other authors work and it's hard to keep up with the number of retweets on Twitter, but that's a fantastic thing. As an indie author, the power of promotion lays mainly with the author, so having several hundred/thousand friends/followers that are helping you promote is amazing. The reading community is who we are hoping to please with our work and by their word of mouth, er, word of tweet, they could encourage others to give us indie authors a try.



If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

First and foremost, thank you. It's not easy being a writer, trying to keep our stories straight (no pun intended) but to have you, the readers, take the time to make the purchase then read our work is wonderful. Of course, we hope that you like it enough to come back for more, but just that you took the time is enough. The extra step of leaving a review would be even better. That might encourage others who might not have heard about us, and stumble across our work to give it a try, which of course, work just plain rock.



Where can people connect with you?

I have several social media accounts due to my multiple pen names so the best place to go is my web sites. There are links on the front page as to where to connect with me, find out about me as a writer, see my current work and what's coming next.
www.tabithagibson.com and www.jeweliagibson.com

                                                

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview