Susan Jennifer Hancock interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hi, I’m Susan, formerly a University lecturer and writer of non-fiction, now the author of four SFF books and still writing. I live in the UK, but don’t get out and about much (nerve damage from a currently dormant cancer). My special loves are my kind supportive husband, reading (lots) and looking at the garden (also trying to photograph interesting flora and fauna there).   



When did your love of books begin?

I can’t remember a time when I didn’t love them.



When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I didn’t so much wish to become an author as want to tell stories.



How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It's been a shorter, more intense process than writing non-fiction ever was (for me) and I haven’t found the writing part a problem. Being self-pubbed has made me hyper-aware of the security I used to enjoy when I was with a trad. publisher. It took a while to adjust to losing the in-house support (and the advance) I used to get, However I’ve grown to love the freedom and also the support from new friends in the #writingcommunity. 



What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

If you have stories you want to tell, write them. Let the author part follow.



Tell us about your book/books:

My Anstey’s Kingdom trilogy tells the story of refugees who fled civil war on their home planet via a space-time rift. At the time the first book begins, they are hiding in an underground complex in Elizabethan England. They are bound to the man who helped them escape, having signed draconian contracts, which tie them to him for life. There is a love story too… when Thomas, whose parents died in an attempted escape, meets Kat, who is half-human. 

I have also published a sequel to the trilogy, “The Children of Auriga”, which concerns Kat and Thomas’s children. I am currently finishing off a prequel and have further books in the series planned. 



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

There are so many lovely people in it. On-line friends who help you not to feel so alone!



If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

If you like my stories, I would love to know.



Where can people connect with you?

My website address is https://www.susanjenniferhancock.com, or I have an author page on goodreads and on amazon https://www.amazon.com/author/susanandtheansteybooks 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview