Sam Dawson interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hi, my name is Sam, and I am a 23 year old Primary School teacher from the United Kingdom.


When did your love of books begin?

My love of books began from a young age. I remember as a child reading the entire collection of Roald Dahl from the school library within a month. My love for reading has only grown since the pandemic, and I find myself regularly searching for new books in both Waterstones and charity shops. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I have always been interested in creative writing including poetry and film scripts, but it is only since finishing my degree at university that the idea came to me to turn ideas into a novel. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

When I am creating, there is rarely anything that can stop me when I get into the flow of writing. I can get lost in my own work as much as I can when reading someone else's book. The challenge for me now is turning what I have written down into a published piece of work. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

For those wanting to be an author, I would say that we live in a brilliant time to do so. Although publishers receive tons of submissions a day, there is so much useful help online now in order to support you, in making sure yours stands out. 


Tell us about your book/books:

I have just completed writing my first novel, titled 'The White Light.' The story is a fast-paced mystery thriller, with many twists and turns throughout. It is about the life of James Lee Harper, an Englishman living in the US. His world is taken away from him at the pull of a trigger when his girlfriend and unborn child are murdered before his eyes. His soul is lost until a mysterious letter arrives claiming to be from his departed Isabella. Now he must battle both enemies and friends - and even cross universes, in order to be reunited with her. 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

What I love about the writing/reading community is the amount of support that is given to one another. The encouragement to persevere and also the inspiration from others allows everyone to thrive. I have felt completely welcomed at all times, and the shared passion that you have with one another is a heartwarming feeling. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

For my readers, all I could say is the biggest thank you imaginable. I hope that my writing can help to either support or inspire you through your journey of reading my work. 


Where can people connect with you?

I can be found online at Twitter: @SamDawsonBooks. I am looking forward to engaging even more with the writing/reading community as I continue my journey as an author. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown