S R Murray interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

It was in second grade. My teachers had a special project for the class, where we had to write a story and illustrate it. After they made it into a small book for us, it was so cool to see something I wrote in print with a front and back cover. The story wasn’t good, and It was only a few pages, but I loved it, haha. I still have it. 



When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I was about thirty when I thought I might attempt to publish something. Here it is fifteen years later. 



How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Challenging and fun. There is a lot of work involved in getting everything right such as characters, plot, the beginning, middle, and end? Then the editing process and cover design process. It’s a lot of fun along with a lot of frustration, but it’s gratifying once you see have the published novel in your hands. You not only want to make yourself proud but everyone involved. If you’re going to publish for others, you want it to be something they will be happy they spent their money on. I would never want to cheat an audience. 



What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Push through any doubts and write the story you want to read. Write the story your looking for but don’t see out there. 



Tell us about your book/books:

It's a horror/thriller. The story has all the elements that I love. A suspenseful drama based around actual events but wrapped in a fictional story. I also love characters that feel real, and I take that very seriously. 

𝑨 𝑫𝑨𝑹𝑳𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑶𝑩𝑺𝑬𝑺𝑺𝑰𝑶𝑵 

𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧:

In 1899, an unspeakable crime was committed by a mob in the town of Guinevere Beach, Florida. Eighty or so years later, someone reopens a long-closed hotel on the site of the crime. The city, now called Sandy Beach, has a history of violence; some say it's a curse. But Detective Robert Justice begins to see a pattern when he connects horrifying deeds to the hotel. His investigation uncovers not just murders that span decades but the haunted source of the evil that visits Sandy Beach and its residents, leaving a trail of bodies and broken lives in its wake.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

How everyone roots for one another and is interested in what the others might be writing or publishing. It’s a unique, sweet group of people. 



If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I’m no different than anyone else, and I believe if it's something I would want to read (or see in a movie), then I think that others will also.



Where can people connect with you?

I’m on most social media platforms, which you can find on my website. 

https://www.srmurray.com/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview