Ritu Anand interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

My Love for books started when I was used to live in the crib. My mother used to read to me and I was always enchanted by the power of words and how they conveyed feelings and transported me to places unknown. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

My wish to become an author started when I was seven years old. I used to write poems and songs and present them as gifts to my family members. I wanted to share my work with friends and family at a very early age. Life kept coming in the way, so four years ago, I decided to write professionally. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

The Process for becoming an Author has been exciting, charming and delightful. I cannot imagine doing anything else with myself. When it comes to expressing myself on paper, I am most comfortable as I am a daydreamer. I love to concoct stories, and make my characters do things I wish I could have done.  


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Daydream and turn your dreams into your reality. Commit to a writing schedule, if you have to. But always write. Write a journal, a dream journal, a list, short paragraphs, and poetry – any of these or all of these. Write anything that makes sense to you. Writing cleanses your soul. It is therapeutic. It is magical. It is essential. Do it and do it often. You never know when you will turn into an Author the world cannot do without. 


Tell us about your book/books:

Kara’s Dreams is my first picture book. It gets released in about one month. My source of inspiration for the book is my Holy Book-Sri Guru Granth Sahibjee. Young pine sapling Kara, wishes to grow tall and strong like her neighbor, Utsa who has been standing tall for over two hundred years. But Kara is afraid the elements of Wind, Water, Mother Earth and Night, might wipe her out. She seeks the guidance of Utsa. Utsa tells her a story that resonates with Kara. Kara decides to smile in the midst of adversity and maintain a positive attitude. She endures and wins over her fears. 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love how the reading/writing community is supportive of each other. It is important to read each other’s work and understand different perspectives. Books expose us to people’s backgrounds and their reasons for choosing one way of doing things as opposed to another. I am most excited to applaud the work of others as it shows to me their loyalty to the written word. It further strengthens my belief in the power and magic of words. I feel safe in the world of books. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I am grateful to my readers for connecting with me through my words. I am on a roll with writing and never want to stop, until my last day on earth. Lets remain in touch. Life is more fun when we notice each other. I can’t wait to expand my group of friends.  


Where can people connect with you?

My website is currently under construction. Once it is up, do sign up for my newsletter and download some freebies - A dream journal, for instance. I am active on social media – Facebook – Ritu Anand, Twitter - @Rituwrites4kids and Linked in.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview