Matthew Meagher interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I was an 5th grade teacher for seven years. I started to love archetypal jounries and teaching them in Young Adult literature.



When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

In fifth grade, under my “Look for me in the future,” I wrote I wanted to be writer to take care of my sick parents. My praents aren’t sick(thankfully), but I am a professional writer.



How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It’s mostly trial by error. And you have to create a platform that is unique to not just you but your followers as well.



What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

It’s a dream. If it was easy, everyone would do it. Get it done. Get help. Get your idea perfected. And you will accomplish your goals.



Tell us about your book/books:

I am the Killer Nashville Silver Falchion Award winner for my novel, “Irish Town’.” SYNOPSIS: “Irish Town” is set in the town of Ashton high in the Rocky Mountains. Ashton has seen its struggles and faces many challenges particularly from its wealthy and powerful rival, Cherry Ridge located across Powder Valley. The novel’s protagonist, and first-person narrator, Jeremiah Connelly, tells us the story of his high school peers who hope to save Ashton from becoming a modern-day ghost town. The story deals with social issues, family problems, environmental challenges, and much more. The novel concludes with a high-stakes competition between the two towns. Readers have enjoyed “Irish Town.” One saying, “This book is phenomenal. Very well written. Many characters that will blow your mind. You'll love it.” Another said, “Irish Town engages the reader with a compelling setting and thought-provoking conflicts. The ideal book for independent-minded young adults looking for a cool plot and complex, relatable character.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the positivity. Writing is a lonely, can be negative world, and having support from any avenue is important.



If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

“Never let those who haven’t tell you you can’t.”-Baron R. Birtcher



Where can people connect with you?

Twitter: @MatthewMeagher8

Instagram:@matthewjohnmeagherbooks

Facebook: Matt.Meagher.12

Tik Tok: @mattmeagher0


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview