Malina Jordan interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW

                                        

A little introduction:

My name is Malina Jordan, and I've been a self-published author since 2020 with the release of my debut book, Tales Of The Lucids: Stories Before The Awakening. I also do digital art using AI to form my Lucids, and to show the world who they really are in different settings.



When did your love of books begin?

When I was little, I always preferred reading over going outside. The literary universes were more interesting than friends at the time.



When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Back in high school, I wrote a horror mini-series for my freshman English class, and the teacher liked it. Although, he was concerned about my mental health, since the horror story was a bit...much for the time (this was in the 90s). I stopped writing for the longest time, until my son needed help with his Halloween assignment during his junior English class. They were doing a short horror story for Halloween, and he wanted my help. I still have that story, to this day. After that, I started to brainstorm the Lucid Universe, and the rest is history.



How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I won't lie. It has been an uphill battle, but now that I'm writing the third book in the Lucid Universe Series, second novella in the Awakened Lucid Series, I have a firm grasp as to how I want the Lucids to work. Marketing has been the biggest trial, yet.



What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Do it, and don't give up. The times you feel that impostor syndrome starts to rear its ugly head, think of the "whys" you became an author. Let that drive your passion, and keep going.



Tell us about your book/books:

The Lucid Universe Series details who are the Lucids, and how humanity copes with loss and death. In my debut book, Tales Of The Lucids: Stories Before The Awakening, it consists of five short stories, all connected by Marcos Torres, their therapist. Marcos plays a bigger role in the following books with Cassandra, who is briefly mentioned as "The One" in the short stories. These short stories show five different people dealing with the atrocities in their life, and how the Lucids play into their lives. There is a lot of death, a lot of despair, but bittersweet endings to each story.
Nightmares Of The Lucid Child starts Cassandra's story, and how she plays into the Order Of The Lucids. Since she is "The One," what does this mean? Is she the only one, or are there more of her? You'll find out in Nightmares Of The Lucid Child, and the other books to follow.
The Awakened Lucid Series is a bit different. This series starts at the end of "Nightmares" since it introduces the Middle Lucid Order. These novellas, within the mini-series, state who exactly are the Middle Lucid Order, and how they come into play within the entire Lucid Universe Series. Confused? Start with Lineage Awakening in the mini-series, and you'll see who these new Lucids are.





What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The camaraderie within the writing community is addictive. There are so many people who support indie/self-published authors. If you're new to Twitter, communicate with the community. They are there for you.



If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Keep an open mind. The Lucid Universe Series and the Awakened Lucid Series are a new way to look at the afterlife, filled with magic and darkness. If you have to step back from reading, please do so. Come back to it, when you can.



Where can people connect with you?

Twitter: @jordan_malina
Instagram: malina.jordan1
Website: https://malinajordan8.wixsite.com/luciduniverse (Book links are in my website)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview