Literary Time Machine - our blog about their blog

Blog name: Literary Time Machine

Blog link:  https://literarytimemachine.com/

Social media: https://twitter.com/literarytmblog


                            

A little introduction:

Hi, my name is Chantelle and I absolutely love reading and history, so I try and combine the two as much as possible! I am originally from Los Angeles but have been living in Israel for the past few years. I have been a voracious reader ever since I learned how to read and I have an MA in Holocaust Studies, so it’s no surprise that my favorite period of history to read about is WWII. My other passions include coffee, cooking, and Quentin Tarantino.



What made you start your blog? 

I wanted to create a space for other people like me who love reading about history. I write book reviews and lists of recommendations of course, but I’m also starting a blog series called “Rewriting History” about books that changed history in some way. I want my blog to make history fun, exciting, and accessible for everyone who is interested in learning about it because history belongs to all of us.



Which part of having the blog do you love most?

My favorite part by far is connecting with other people who are also interested in literature and history. Being a book nerd and history nerd, I get the best of both worlds! I’m always down to chat with others about book recommendations, shared interests, or anything really so don’t hesitate to DM me.



Where did the name for your blog come from?

I wanted a name that would convey the power of books to transport you to a different place and time, so “Literary Time Machine” it was! 



What do you love most about books? 

I love the escape they provide. Especially with the difficult times that everyone is having to endure right now, books have the unique ability of letting you travel through different places, times, and lives, even when you can’t move from your couch.



What genres do you blog about?

Historical fiction and historical nonfiction



What are your favourite books?

Does anyone ever know how to answer this question? In all honesty, my favorites change all the time but three that I recommend over and over again are The Choice by Edith Eger, Alone in Berlin by Hans Fallada, and the Kingsbridge series by Ken Follett.



What are your 3 top reads from the last year?

The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd, The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah, and The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview