Keith A Pearson interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I’m Keith, from Surrey in the UK. I penned my first novel in 2016 on the back of a drunken bet. I had no aspirations to become an author but six years and thirteen novels later, I now earn a living making up stories. Honestly, I’ve no idea how it happened.


When did your love of books begin?

One of my earliest memories is learning to read the Mr Men books by Roger Hargreaves. I still adore those books and bought the entire collection for my son on his fifth birthday.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

It was never a wish for me – more a happy accident. Writing a book featured on my bucket list and I guess I was just lucky that enough people bought that book and said nice things about it. If they hadn’t, I wouldn’t be taking part in this interview.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I was a freelance web marketing consultant before I became a full-time author, so I worked from home on my own and spent much of the day staring at a screen. I still stare at a screen all day but now I don’t have to deal with clients, which is a bonus.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I wake up every day and thank my lucky stars that I’m able to do what I do for a living. However, my only regret is that I never started sooner. If you have the self-discipline and willingness to learn, start today – there is nothing stopping you, but you.


Tell us about your book/books:

I’d loosely describe my books as low fantasy. I take a character leading a humdrum life and put them into a miraculous predicament, such as a journey back in time. I also rely on a cast of relatable characters and a fair dose of humor, too.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Having worked my entire career in highly-competitive sectors, it’s so refreshing that authors are willing to support one another. And, there aren’t many jobs where your customers contact you every day and say the loveliest things.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Simply thank you. It doesn’t matter how talented you are, or how hard you work, authors are nothing without readers.


Where can people connect with you?

The best place to start is my website: keithapearson.co.uk
I’m also active on…
Twitter: twitter.com/keithapearson
Facebook: facebook.com/pearson.author


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview